1975-1979 Bus Fuel Tank for Fuel Injected Models
For the Fuel Tank that is unrestorable, this Tank is a direct replacement to your Fuel Injected 1975-1979 Bay Window VW Bus Tank. This gas tank will work on Fuel injection Buses as it has the extra "return" tube on the bottom of the tank.
Important Tech Note !
All fuel tanks are manufactured with a sprayed-on interior rust inhibitor. This lining must be removed prior to the installation of your new tank. Failure to do so could cause your carburetor or fuel injection to clog up when gasoline dissolves the preservative and it passes into your vehicle’s fuel system.
Here is the method we employ to prep a fuel tank prior to installation:
• Close off tank openings with rags and duct tape
• Add a cleaner such as Carburetor Cleaner, Acetone, or MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone)
• Caution – No Smoking or Open Flames nearby.
• Add some small metal parts such as nuts, bolts or washers, then shake and rotate tank. This causes the preservative to break down and dissolve.
• Pour out and repeat until the cleaner drains out clear. Dispose of the used cleaner properly.
• Remove rags, tape and metal parts. Allow tank to dry and your tank is ready for installation.