1946-1974 Clutch Cable Bowden Tube Sleeve 330.2mm 13"
The wire reinforcement inside this tube erodes and breaks into the center of the bowden tube causing the clutch cable to catch, or even break, so you need to check this whenever you replace the cable.
- VW# 311 721 361
- Fits: 1946-1971 Standard Beetle
- Fits: 1974 Standard & Super Beetle from Chassis #154/134/114 2398 011 to 2663 259
- Fits: 1956-1971 Karmann Ghia
- Fits: 1974 Karmann Ghia from Chassis #144 2369 011 to 144 2663 259
- Fits: 1950-1967 Split Window Bus
- Fits: 1962-1973 Type 3
Note: So what's the purpose of this "Bowden Tube" anyway, it seems like it's too long? Cable actuated or controlled systems are simple and reliable but transmit input control movement very directly to the clutch lever. The Bowden Tube gives the cable a "cushion" or allows a more linear forgiving movement between the input and reaction. In the application of the clutch control system, the use of the Bowden Tube lessens the tendency toward jerky clutch engagement. The new tube should bend around 1.5" in order for the cable to operate correctly.
Also known under these part numbers:
- 311711461 COFLE