Pioneer TS-WH500A HVT Sealed Active Subwoofer
HVT stands for Horizontal Vertical Transforming technology which transforms horizontal movement into vertical movement of a woofer diaphragm to produce true, powerful and wide-range bass.
The TS-WH500A amplified subwoofer system is a truly groundbreaking approach in loudspeaker design. HVT technology uses a unique linkage mechanism, which allows the magnet and voice coil of the dual motor structure to be positioned horizontally to the left and the right side of vertically moving dual speaker diaphragms. Combined, the two diaphragms have an effective surface area equal to a conventional 8" subwoofer and fire in a bipolar arrangement, increasing output while also canceling destructive vibrations within the enclosure. The result of this innovative technology is a subwoofer system with significantly reduced physical depth, while maintaining greater excursion and linearity for superior bass reproduction, natural sound quality and higher output.
The result of this innovative technology is a uniquely compact speaker with the most compact enclosure in the industry that combines woofer surface area equal to most other compact active subwoofer systems with greater maximum excursion for superior performance and sound quality. The HVT subwoofer will fit easily in a wide range of vehicle applications (compact and subcompact vehicles, hybrid vehicles, trucks and SUVs, etc.) without sacrificing performance or sound quality.
Compared to a traditional subwoofer, the TS-WH500A produces less vibration and less noise. The subwoofer offers wider low range frequency reproduction for well-balanced bass from various musical instruments. The voice coil and diaphragm work in symmetry to cancel unnecessary vibrations and reduce noise which instead would travel through the vehicle’s body.
- System Type: Powered
- Sensitivity: 98dB
- Frequency Range: 20Hz to 200Hz
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 50 Watts
- Maximum Peak Power Handling: 150 Watts
- Amp RMS Output: 70 Watts
- Amp Max Power Output: 150 Watts
- Input Level (at Gain Max) RCA: 100mV+100mV/20 kOhm
- Input Level (at Gain Max) Speaker Line: 2V+2V/5 kOhm
- Power Source: DC 14.4V
- Amp Max Current Consumption: 7A
- Amp Grounding: Negative
- Cone Material: IMPP-Composite
- Surround Material: Rubber
- Surround Type: Rolled
- Basket Material: Stamped
- Magnet Material: Ferrite
- Magnet Weight: 10.7oz x2
- Voice Coil Type: Single Voice x2
- Voice Coil Bobbin: Glass Imide
- Voice Coil Wire: Copper
- Damper: Poly Cotton
- Fully Covered Steel Mesh Grille
- Built-In Amp
- Measures: 7-1/8" x 3-7/8"
- Height: 2-3/8"
- Amplified Subwoofer
- Wiring Harness (Power with In-Line Fuse Holder/Ground/Remote Turn-On with In-Line Fuse Holder/RCA Input)
- RCA to Speaker Wire Adapter
- 10 Amp ATO Fuse (Installed in the Power Wire Fuse Holder)
- 0.5 Amp Glass Fuse (Installed in the Remote Turn-On Wire Fuse Holder)
- Wired Remote Control with Attached 18' Cable
- One Cable Bracket
- Two Mounting Brackets
- Two 5/8" Self-Tapping Screws
- Two M5x7mm Machine Screws
- Two M3x8mm Machine Screws
- 1" x 1-1/2" Adhesive Backed Hook and Loop Fastener
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty Information
Also known under these part numbers: