1975-1980 Distributor HEI Race Only Black Cap PerTronix
Strictly for the Race Track or Drag Strip. Vacuum Advance Delete for Peak High RPM Performance.
Our 1975-1980 PerTronix Centrifugal HEI Racing Distributor unit comes with black cap, ready to drop in and go racing! Race HEI distributors feature an Ignitor Race Only Module and 50,000 volt coil combination that optimizes spark energy and peak output to the spark plug in the 6000-8500 RPM range. Each unit is TIG welded at critical points for improved reliability and to prevent high RPM distortion. Race HEI Distributors are fitted with a specially designed vacuum advance lockout to prevent changes in rotor phasing and maximize combustion chamber burn time. These Distributors are not to be used on emission controlled vehicles, but are great for racing applications where HEI distributors are mandated.
NOTE: No provisions for cable driven tach. It won't handle these RPM levels!
- 7.2 Amp Race Only Module Matched to 50000 Volt Race Coil
- Lightweight Aluminum Alloy Housing
- High Dielectric Strength Cap With Brass Terminals And Low Resistance Coil Brush
- Balanced Rotor With Nylon Screws Prevents Arcing And Vibration At High RPM
- Precision Chromoly Advance Weights And Center Plate Eliminate Erratic Timing
- Additional Springs Provided For Fine Tuning
Also known under these part numbers: