1953-1955 Deluxe Wiring Harness Set
Does your wiring harness look like this?
- Exposed wire core
- Attempted splice "repairs" using poorly affixed, hand crimp connectors & clips
- Electrical tape covering exposed copper wire
- Burnt wiring caused by a short-to-ground
- Exposed copper wire caused by flexing old, brittle insulation
- Cut-off and missing terminals and connectors
- Rusted fuse block terminals
- Wires tapped into fuse block to circumvent a problem or to add an accessory
Believe it or not your Corvette's original wiring harness had a service life of only 10 years. If your 1953-1955 is still utilizing it's original wiring harness you have exceeded the service life of your Corvette's electrical harness by over 40 years. When we hear people telling us that their vintage Corvette's original wiring harness is still in "great shape" we have to disagree. Many people feel they can recondition their Corvette's original harnesses by simply cleaning and re-taping them. That couldn't be further from the truth. It all comes down to the issue of deterioration. There is no practical way to completely seal off the circulation of air and moisture between individual strands in a wire. Additionally, most automotive wiring is not protected from hydrocarbon contamination.
Our 1953-1955 Deluxe Wiring Harness Set is a high quality reproduction that is essential for the restoration of your Corvette. This Wiring Harness fits 1953-1954 and the 1955 6 cylinder.
Our Original Design Series™ wiring harnesses are manufactured exactly as the wiring was made when your Corvette left the factory in St. Louis. These harnesses are made to the exact O.E.M. (original equipment manufacturer) specifications, using the original factory blueprints, and are factory-correct in every way. These are full-assembled, ready to install, “plug & play” accurate reproduction wiring harnesses. You will NOT have to cut any wires, crimp any terminals, or make any modifications to these harnesses when installing them in your 1953-1955 Corvette.
A commonly asked question and a much needed answer is "What harnesses are included in a Deluxe Wiring Set?"
Deluxe Wiring Harness Includes:
- Bulb Kit (excluding headlights)
- Cigarette Lighter Ground Wire
- Cigarette Lighter Lamp & Shield
- Cigarette Lighter Power Lead Wire
- Coil to Coaxial Condenser Lead Wire
- Dash (Main) Harness
- Distributor to Coil Lead Wire
- Engine Harness - 6 cylinder
- Fuse & Flasher Kit
- Headlight Extension Harness
- Horn Wire
- License Plate Lamp Leads
- Neutral Safety Switch to Transmission Relay Lead
- Rear Harness
- Turn Signal Flasher Power Lead
- Wiring Diagram - laminated
Also known under these part numbers: