Stopping in Style! Corvette Brake Calipers
Customizing your Corvette can be a virtually endless process. Depending on your personal style
and the extent to which you want to stand out from the crowd, it can be tough to decide where to start. Mid
America Motorworks reviews the different options available for customizing your Brake Calipers, highlighting
the pros and cons of each.
Brake Caliper Paint
Brake Caliper Paint is probably the most cost-effective way to give your Corvette wheels a little custom
style. The paint dries with a protective finish that resists rust, corrosion, salt and dirt – all the things
that take away from the looks of your Corvette wheels.
Caliper Paint Pros
- Inexpensive weekend project
- No extra parts or pieces on your Corvette
- Several color options available
Caliper Paint Cons
- Labor and potential mess associated with a paint job
- Doesn't give the same "big brake" look as Caliper Covers
- Does not include "Corvette" script on the caliper
If Brake Caliper Paint is the project you want to tackle, the steps are pretty simple. Click here to
review instructions on one style of caliper paint.
Brake Pad Covers
If Caliper Paint seems like the right option for your Corvette, adding Brake Pad Covers will give some extra
flash. Brake Pad Covers are laser cut and subtly draw attention to your wheels.
Brake Pad Cover Pros
- Easy to install
- Different finish options to grab attention
- Completes the look of your brake calipers
Brake Pad Cover Cons
- Not visible with Brake Caliper Covers
- Only cosmetic use, no protective or performance attributes
Installation is easy. Review a set of sample instructions here.
Brake Caliper Covers
Looking for maximum results with minimal labor and expense? Consider Brake Caliper Covers. Caliper Covers
hide your dusty, dirty brake calipers and offer a great solution to replacing your calipers. Installation is
easy and, when you're ready to try a different look, the covers can be easily removed
Caliper Cover Pros
- Quick and easy installation
- Covers make existing calipers more prominent
- Inexpensive compared to new brake calipers
Caliper Cover Cons
- Wheel clearance could be an issue – allow 1/8" clearance
- Limited colors available
- Higher cost than paint
Want to see how easy it can be to install Brake Caliper Cover on your Corvette? Click here to watch the video.
Brake Caliper Upgrade
If your Brake Caliper is starting to stick or show signs of leaking, you may want to replace the entire
caliper. This is a great way to upgrade performance, as well as add personal style for a custom look.
Brake Caliper Pros
- Lightweight design
- Restore safety and stopping performance
- Most are direct replacement
Brake Caliper Cons
- You may be changing good calipers when a cosmetic upgrade will get the same visual results
- Longer process than Caliper Covers or Paint
- You will need to bleed your brakes to change the whole caliper
Now that you know what options are available to customize your Corvette Brake Calipers, it's time to start
planning your weekend project!