1988-1996 C4 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Summer Tire 275/40ZR17
The Pilot Sport PS2 is a Max Performance Summer tire member of the Michelin Pilot family of low profile, high-speed tires. Initially developed for Original Equipment (OE) on some of the world's most prestigious sports cars and performance sedans, the Pilot Sport PS2 combines world-class dry road traction, handling, and cornering. The Pilot Sport PS2 is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow, or on ice.
On the outside, Pilot Sport PS2 features two different tread rubber compounds (a hybrid silica/carbon black compound that begins at the tire's outer shoulder and continues across the tread until it joins a high-silica compound that continues to the tire's inside shoulder) molded into an asymmetric design with large outer shoulder blocks and continuous intermediate and center ribs to enhance steering response and cornering stability. Both tread compounds are specifically formulated for their location to combine dry and wet traction with crisp corning and high speed capability. The tread design also features wide circumferential grooves and lateral notches that help channel water through the footprint to enhance wet road traction.
On the inside, the tread design is supported by two high-tensile, lightweight steel cord belts that are further reinforced by size-optimized, precisely placed individual Aramid/nylon hybrid filaments to provide improved steering response and resistance to distortion while enhancing your Corvette's ride quality and high-speed durability.
Made in the USA!
- Fits 1988 Z51 & Z52 Equipped Corvettes (Front & Rear)
- Fits 1989-1992 Standard & Z51 or Z07 Equipped Corvettes (Front & Rear)
- Fits 1990-1995 ZR-1 Corvettes (Front Only)
- Fits 1993-1996 Z07 Equipped Coupes (Front & Rear)
- Fits 1996 Grand Sport Coupes (Front Only)
- Fits Factory Wheels
- Summer Use Only
- Sold Individually
- Hybrid Silica/Carbon Black Compound
- Asymmetric Design
- Large Outer Shoulder Blocks
- Continuous Intermediate & Center Ribs
- Enhances Steering Response & Cornering Stability
- Wide Circumferential Grooves & Lateral Notches to Channel Water
- Enhanced Wet Road Traction
- Two High Tensile, Lightweight Steel Cord Belts
- Enhances Ride Quality
- Excellent High-Speed Durability
- Summer Only
- Max Load: 1,653lbs
- Max Inflation: 51psi
- Tread Depth: 9.5/32"
- Weight: 26lbs
- Rim Width Range: 9-11"
- Section Width: 10.9"
- Overall Diameter: 25.6"
- Revs Per Mile: 814
Also known under these part numbers: