1963-1967 Fuel Tank, Reproduction 20.5 Gallon
End your rusted, leaking fuel tank problems now! Our 1963-1967 C2 Corvette Reproduction Fuel Tank has the correct indentations for mounting in your Midyear Corvette
Tank has no return tubes, like original, comes with screws and gasket for filler neck, cam lock ring and large O ring for gas gauge sending unit. High quality, deep draw stamped steel as original with continuous perimeter weld between the upper & lower halves for perfect seal and long service life.
- 20.5 Gallon Capacity
- Dimensions: 38" x 15 3/4" x 11 3/4"
- O.E.M. Approved High Quality Automotive Steel
- Corrosion Resistant
- Reproduction of GM #3819506
- Hollander #492
Important Tech Note !
All fuel tanks are manufactured with a sprayed-on interior rust inhibitor. This lining must be removed prior to the installation of your new tank. Failure to do so could cause your carburetor or fuel injection to clog up when gasoline dissolves the preservative and it passes into your vehicle’s fuel system.
Here is the method we employ to prep a fuel tank prior to installation:
• Close off tank openings with rags and duct tape
• Add a cleaner such as Carburetor Cleaner, Acetone, or MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone)
• Caution – No Smoking or Open Flames nearby.
• Add some small metal parts such as nuts, bolts or washers, then shake and rotate tank. This causes the preservative to break down and dissolve.
• Pour out and repeat until the cleaner drains out clear. Dispose of the used cleaner properly.
• Remove rags, tape and metal parts. Allow tank to dry and your tank is ready for installation.